Monday, August 28, 2006

Stay Tuned for the New Blog

I'm currently working on getting my own domain and web hosting set up so posting may be a little sparse over the next few days. I've been planning on doing this for a while for several reasons. I wanted to have my own unique domain name rather than just a hosted subdomain (i.e., not something.blogspot.com). I also wanted to have more control over my web site than I could have with a free blog.

Another big reason has been underscored in the last few days with all of the trouble I've had connecting with blogger. I don't want to be at the mercy of a huge monster like blogger when it's necessary for me to update my account. I need more reliability than that.

I have to say, though, that for the most part my experience with blogger has been very positive. I've learned a lot about blogging in general. The service and reliability has been fairly good considering that the account is free. What they offer is something that's valuable for a large number of people. Bloggers who want more than the basics will eventually have to get their own hosted account. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines