Thursday, February 09, 2006

More sick kids and busy, busy

I've been too busy taking care of sick kids and doing school work to post lately. I had to take two of my little ones to the doctor on Monday due to hacking coughs and rapid breathing. It turns out that both of them have pneumonia. It wasn't entirely unexpected as we've seen it before in our twins last year. It is scary, though. It's a good thing we have caught it early when it's easy to treat. Both are them are doing much better now after a couple of days of antibiotics.

On the school front, I had to spend a lot of time over the last couple of days knocking out an essay for class. It was a typical literary analysis type deal. If you are or were an English major at one time, you'll be very familiar with the concept. I had to include some common themes from The Book of Daniel by E. L. Doctorow and Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison. Both books were interesting, although I probably wouldn't have picked them up on my own. I don't think I would read them again, either.

I wonder if I should start posting book reviews? Unfortunately, all of the books I'm reading right now aren't new and so any comment on them wouldn't be very timely. It's an interesting thought, though, and might generate a little more interest in this blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the sick 'uns are feeling better... That's no fun a'tall.

2/09/2006 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

Thanks! They're much better today. Where would we be without antibiotics?

2/09/2006 06:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines