Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday Mornings and Being There

It's Saturday morning again and I'm surrounded by what must be a hundred children. The funny thing is that there are only five of them here! The oldest had a friend sleep over and they're both still sleeping upstairs.

I know better by now than to try to get anything useful done at times like these. Of course I have plenty of things to do, more than I could possibly get done anyway, but what I've learned is that it's better to not even try when there's little chance of accomplishing anything.

This isn't a lament about my lack of time; what I'm getting at here is that I've realized in the last year or two that I've spent so much of my life, so many moments, wishing to be somewhere else or wanting to be doing something else.

This is a a great way to be perpetually unhappy. I think you'll be much happier if you try to live each moment by being there, really being there, wherever you are, one hundred percent. Now I'm going back to being here. See ya.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've stumbled across the Child Equation: "At full energy, a child has the ability to replicate itself 20 times for brief periods of times." I know that our two kids sometimes seemed like forty when they were going full steam...

2/26/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

Totally right. Like all the other parents out there, I wish I had that kind of energy!

2/27/2006 03:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines