Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Diseases of the Spirit

This week I've been suffering from a bad cold, lack of sleep and senioritis. I have several papers to do for school and several pressing projects at work and I don't want to do any of them.

After five years of night school, I'm just done. With the press of all the responsibilities of life, I just want to take a break. I know there're only a few more weeks of this term to complete and then one more class to take (I think, but more on that later), but I have so much resistence built up inside that it's hard to get anything done.

I can understand completely why so many people get almost all the way to the end and then give it up. I've put so much time and effort into finishing college that I've excluded so many things of value. I find myself questioning why I ever attempted this, why I kept going, desperately clinging to the hope that having a degree will make things better, will miraculously pave the way to bigger and better things.

I'm going to finish, but after all this time, I can't help but wonder if it was worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it worth it? Can't answer that -- and you probably won't be really able to really assess it yourself for a few more years. Who knows? But this close, ya gotta finish it!

4/12/2006 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines