Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm Damn Sore Today

Okay, before the day was even out yesterday I was getting sore. My quadriceps are aching pretty good today. I didn't realize how out of shape my leg muscles were. I haven't worked out much in the last month, but I have been using an exercise bike off and on for the last couple of years. Apparently there's a big difference in effort or in the muscle's you use between the bike and actually running.

As for the knees, so far, so good. I had been getting a burning pain at the top of both knees as well as a kind of deep throbbing ache just a little lower. This was accompanied by a strange kind of looseness in the knee joint that was causing them to crackle and pop like Rice Krispies. I forget the exact name he used, but the doctor said it might have all been caused by the quads and the hamstrings being out of balance, maybe from running up and down hills every day like I used to at my old house. I don't know if that was it, but I hope it's gone for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines