Monday, April 17, 2006

Schoolwork and Life Get in the Way

I haven't had much time over the last week to blog. I've been working on papers for school and then on Friday I found out my dad was in the hospital. I left work to go to the hospital, which is just up the hill from the college, and found my mother and brother there with my dad.

He wasn't in very good shape. I can only describe it as terrifying to see him like that. I've always known him to be big and strong, a solid presence in my life. Friday he was confused and weak and it scared the hell out of me.

After a couple days of rest and some strong antibiotics to deal with a serious infection, he seems much more like himself. I still feel somewhat shaken, though. I'm not ready to lose my parents. I don't think anyone is no matter how old he or she is.

I'm having a little trouble growing older myself right now, so maybe that's having an effect on my reaction to this situation. I can't stop to think about it much right now, but maybe acceptance of all the things in life, good and bad, just comes with time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your dad's doing better. Here's for a quick and total recovery!

4/18/2006 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ray said...

Thanks, Steve. He's home now and is doing much better.

4/19/2006 06:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines