Wednesday, March 15, 2006

New Story Written

I wrote another story yesterday. I just had an urge to get something out of my head and down on paper. It's a speculative fiction story based on some scenes out of a dream I had a long time ago, maybe more than once. This dream left an impression on me for some reason.

I don't have time right now to describe it in more detail, but I may in the future. On the most basic level it's about a man trapped in a maze. I've had a lot of dreams about wandering around in different kinds of mazes, or structures that were like mazes. This story sprung out of a vivid picture from one particular dream that stuck in my head.

The first draft of the story is about 2500 words and I wrote it in one sitting in a little over an hour. I'd actually intended to write it as a flash fiction piece, i.e. less than 1000 words, but it took more to tell the story. We'll see what happens once it gets through another revision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog
Get your own email button

Powered by Blogger



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Add to Google
    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Bloglines